Sunday, April 1, 2012

Gu Brew


My mom heard of a electrolyte tablet called Nunn and after looking around and finding some, we realized it wouldn't have nearly as much sodium as a 32 oz. Powerade and would cost a lot more.  A week or so later someone told us about GU Brew.  Most bike stores should carry it.  We found some at Dicks Sporting Goods.  I can say I definitely like it a LOT better than Powerade. First off, I get more sodium per fluid ounce from it than I would with a Powerade.  And most of all, it tastes better and is more refreshing, probably because it doesn't have all the dye and artificial flavoring.  The kitchen isn't cluttered with 32oz bottles of Powerade.  I just pop a tablet into my water bottle and I'm good to go!

 As far as PT and all that stuff, it’s going well.  I started hurting Monday evening.  I thought it was from sitting in the car all day to go to a doctor’s appointment.  I now think (since I'm still hurting) that it was also due to the weather.  I leave for PT in just a little while.  My hip and ankle are still the two main concerns. The outer part of my knee has gotten really tender again, so I'll talk to him about that.  My physical therapist started doing a new exercise on my shoulders since my left one seemed to have slipped out of place inside the socket two weeks ago. But, all in all, things seem to be ok.

I went to see my POTS doctor and he seemed fairly pleased with things - as far as blood pressure and all goes.  He did put me on another medication and is confident that it will help improve other POTS related issues I have been having.  School has become really hard due to problems with concentration and fatigue.  I'll start the meds in a day or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment