Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Missing the ocean

Finally home after a week of vacation!  Its good to be back but at the same time I miss the ocean, waves, sun, and salt water.
I'm completely hooked on surfing now.  Getting up on the board was actually really easy but it was the balancing and standing part that was hard.  I was expecting the complete opposite so it was really satisfying to nail the getting up part but kinda disappointing about the standing.  I only had a hour out there so leaving was hard.  I had an itch to get out there and do it until I got it.  But I left with more goals and a hankering to get even stronger for next year.

The paddling wasn't a problem,  Just walking through knee deep water with strong currents was really hard.  Next time I'll just paddle.   My instructor was really helpful and understanding.  For the lesson he pushed my into the wave.
Besides surfing I had lots of fun.  We went shopping in lots of little art and craft shops.  Got to see tons of birds and a few dolphins!!  And went swimming whenever I could.

Beautiful sunsets!
Saying goodby

Since the weather has cooled down POTS has become a bit easier to handle.  Which is a nice relief to say the least.  I'm hoping to get a few projects done this week.......we'll see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment