Saturday, August 18, 2012

Summer re-cap

I always look forward to the summer months mainly because of the warm weather. But this year hasn't exactly been something that I would have looked forward to (POTS wise), had I known.  Its definitely been a struggle with school and simple daily tasks.  Making a phone call or sitting down to write a simple email can be hard.  School is still slowly coming along (though I think graduating early has long past and is not realistic any more).  Its not having POTS that I have a hard time with; its just learning how to live with it, and how to make the most of my time whether I'm feeling good or not.  I've also been trying to figure out how to keep working out and staying strong while I'm so tired. I'm hoping the cooler weather coming will make a difference!

As far as this past month with POTS and having a busy week, not much has been going on.  My summer has been fun despite 'everything else'!

Thursday a good friend of mine went horseback riding with me.  We rode trails up a nearby mountain were a battle took place during the Civil War.  It was cool and shady, a lot of fun and my horse was the best :-)   We went in the morning when it was cool.  That helped a lot. 
I like riding Western because its not as stressful on the ankle and all as opposed to English.

This morning we went to watch a Civil War skirmish at the courthouse.  After that, there was a living history camp.
The Confederate 1st Virginia Cavalry

No comments:

Post a Comment