Saturday, January 26, 2013

Blueberry, Banana, Peanut Butter Smoothie



Since I've been on a Gluten-free diet,  I always like concocting new smoothies. The other day I read about someone liking a smoothie that she called a Blueberry, Banana, Peanut Butter Smoothie.  At first I thought it would be pretty disgusting. But after thinking on it, I decided to be brave and try it (Something I'm really bad at when it comes to food. I had no recipe to follow so I just threw together the following ingredients.  IT IS SO DELICIOUS!!! Also note that I do not measure out my ingredients  so the following amounts are close to what I use.

In a blender mix:
1 banana
1 cup of Blueberries
1-2 TBSP Peanut Butter (almond butter, ect)
1/2 plus tsp of vanilla
1-2 TBSP of shredded coconut
2 cups plus of milk (almond milk, coconut milk, ect)
1 tsp of sugar (optional.  I have found with smoothies, sugar isn't always necessary)
1/2 to 1 cup blueberry Keifer (optional.  If using keifer...reduce milk some. Also Keifer is 99% lactose free!)

After blended add 1/3 cup granola

ENJOY!!


2 comments:

  1. My mom's gluten-free, too! :)

    P.S. I love your blogspot background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuuuuuum!!! Sounds wonderful! Something that we like to add to smoothies is coconut milk ice cream (usually vanilla). Soooooooo good! (And it's sweetened only as long as it's plain vanilla or chocolate! ; ))

    Christina

    ReplyDelete