Saturday, June 30, 2012

An Afternoon at the Fire Station


My brother and I headed down to the nice and cool station after getting some ice cream.  Took pictures, watched the Olympic trials, and um......I took a shot at pool but I have to say it was a disaster........need some serious practice there:-)  The hot weather has been a little bit of a challenge for POTS but hopefully not too many more weeks of this heat! And hopefully we will get some more rain like last night.  Just don't want the wind ;-)

My brother getting his gear on. 100 pounds with air pack and all!



The station's two year old ladder truck.  Pretty impressive in person!

3 comments:

  1. Thank your brother for his service to your community :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be sure to tell him ;-) He absolutely loves being a firefighter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw, Padme, service to the community also includes 'rescuing' stray and 'run away' cats from trees and anything else that they might have happened to get stuck in ;-D Just keep that in mind!

    ReplyDelete